The New PHI Genesis
XPS and HAXPES combined in an automated multi-technology platform
SRC is pleased to announce the release in Canada of the new PHI Genesis from Physical Electronics. The new PHI Genesis—the latest generation of ULVAC-PHI’s highly successful multi-technique XPS product line—eliminates the need to compromise by combining PHI’s successful scanning XPS/HAXPES microprobe product lines into a single, compact instrument. This delivers the VersaProbe’s multi-technique capabilities with the Quantes/Quantera’s high throughput automated analysis. The new PHI Genesis represents a real breakthrough in XPS analysis.
Market for the PHI Genesis
A broad range of high-tech products are made of complex combinations of advanced materials designed to deliver superior performance across a range of metrics. R&D of these complex combinations of materials requires rapid optimization of the performance of each material, as well as the combinations of materials. There is a growing need for powerful and highly functional surface and interface analysis that can significantly accelerate this work.
XPS and HAXPES generate vital information that provides insights into the properties and behaviour of advanced materials. Other key tasks that XPS and HAXPES can deliver on include defect analysis and the testing of cleaning processes. XPS has an information depth of about 5nm while HAXPES has an information depth of about 15nm. Click Here to learn more.
New PHI Genesis areas of application
- Organic devices
- Quantum dots
- Bio and life science materials
- Other solid materials and devices
Advantages of the new PHI Genesis
- Simple, intuitive and easy-to-use user interface experience
- With powerful XPS, HAXPES, UPS, LEIPS, REELS, AES and a variety of other options, it meets all your surface analysis needs
- The unsurpassed 5 µm X-ray beam with a small spot opens up new possibilities for micro-XPS applications
- High-throughput, high-performance depth profiling
- Non-destructive depth profiling, sputter-free depth probing using a high-energy hard X-ray source that generates information from a greater depth than with conventional soft X-ray XPS
About Physical Electronics
Physical Electronics is a subsidiary of ULVAC-PHI, the world’s leading supplier of UHV surface analysis instrumentation used for the research and development of advanced materials. Fields of application for their products include: nanotechnology, microelectronics, photovoltaics, data storage, bio-materials and catalysis. PHI’s innovative XPS, AES and TOF-SIMS technologies provide customers with unique tools to solve challenging materials problems and accelerate the development of new materials and products. For more information on this product please click here.