Perform material- and labor-effective extrusion with Thermo Scientific™ Pharma 11 Twin-screw Extruder, which requires only a small amount of active pharmaceutical ingredient, operating at throughput levels as low as 20g/h.
The parallel 11mm twin screws and compact design of the Pharma 11 Twin-screw Extruder is fully scalable with the Thermo Scientific stand-alone pharmaceutical compounding systems. Together, you can obtain process relevant results or even perform small scale production.
If you need a complete extrusion solution, a wide range of accessories are available for the Pharma 11 Twin-screw Extruder, including volumetric and gravimetric feeders, a conveyor belt and a pelletizer.
The Pharma 11 Twin-screw Extruder Features:
- Uses smaller material quantities for faster, cost-effective development
- Converts easily from hot melt extrusion (HME) to twin screw granulation (TSG) applications
- Operates at throughput ranges from 20g/h up to 2.5kg/h
- Processing length: L/D ratio 40:1
- Screw elements and barrel design scale geometrically across the all Thermo Scientific Pharma Extruders and allow easy process scale-up
- Easy-to-operate with user-friendly, intuitive touch screen with integrated feeder control
- Maximize lab space with small footprint machine
- Perfect for glove box or isolator applications with removable touch screen
- All material contact parts are easily removable
- Documentation of extrusion parameters and suitable for process analytical technology (PAT)
- GMP-compliant, full validation available: FAT, SAT, IQ/OQ