A complete rheological study on the shear and extensional viscosity of thick conductive inks Viscosity is a key parameter affecting quality and performance of printed electronics and display systems. In this application note, we present a complete rheological study (shear viscosity, temperature dependence and extensional viscosity) of a carbon-water based high viscosity ink or paint.
VROC® technology offers a number of advantages over conventional viscometers and rheometers including:
- Wide Dynamic Range:
- Shear Viscosity: 0.2 – 200,000 [mPa-s]
- Shear Rate: 0.5 – 1,400,000 [1/s]
- Extensional Viscosity: 0.04 – 100 [Pa-s]
- Extensional Rate: 1 – 10,000 [1/s]
- Temperature Control: 4 – 125ºC
- Superior Accuracy (2% of Reading) and Repeatability (0.5% of Reading)
- Lowest Sample Volume Required
- No Air-Liquid Interface (No Evaporation or Contamination)
RheoSense is will be exhibiting at the 2016 Society for Laboratory Automation and Screening (SLAS) Conference from January 23rd to the January 27th. Visit us at Booth #601 to meet our specialists and see the new automatic, high throughput viscometer, VROC® initium!
m-VROC™ Viscometer — Controlled Shear Rates and Small Samples
m-VROC™ is the leading automated, small sample viscometer used worldwide by Fortune Global 500 companies and leading research universities. Capable of the most demanding applications including small sample protein therapeutics, m-VROC™ features the widest dynamic range (high shear rate viscosity measurements up to 1,400,000 s-1) with as little as 20 microliters of sample.
- Accuracy: 2% of Reading
- Repeatability: 0.5% of the Range
- Viscosity Range: 0.2 ~ 100,000 m-Pas
- Shear Rate Range: 0.5 ~ 1,400,000 s -1
- Small Sample Volume: 20 microliter +