The LA-350 Laser Diffraction Particle Size Distribution Analyzer from HORIBA offers the perfect balance of functionality, cost, and packaging. The LA-350 achieves a pleasing combination between high functionality, simple operation, low maintenance, and affordability based on the innovative optical design of earlier LA-series analyzers. The compact optical bench made possible by the optimised design makes good use of the available bench space while maintaining the renowned accuracy, precision, and resolution of HORIBA’s analyzers.
Bench space is used efficiently due to the LA-350’s compact size (297 mm x 420 mm). The clever design and precision, high-quality manufacturing ensure convenient, reliable operation and accurate results, now with a wider size range (0.1-1,000 µm).
In addition, access to world-class HORIBA support and training comes with the purchase of all HORIBA products. HORIBA offers scheduled service agreements, regular instructional videos, and scheduled classes. HORIBA customers not only have the best analyzers in the business … they are the best analysts in the business.
Features of Partica mini LA-350: Laser Diffraction Particle Size Distribution Analyzer:
- Range: 0.1 – 1,000 µm which matches the widest range of applications with a performance equivalent to many other full range systems.
- Compact Size: Crowded lab? Multiple locations? The compact size preserves bench space and makes it possible to transport the instrument to different locations within a facility or ship to remote locations for on-site testing where it is not practical to purchase an analyzer.
- Fast Analysis: The highly-refined optical design and algorithm provides measurement results in three easy steps: click, add sample, and review data. Data can be obtained in as little as ten seconds.
- Powerful Software: The LA-350 uses the same fully featured software package as our other LA-series analyzers, providing a wide range of statistical measures, data analysis, and presentation tools.
- Ease of Use: With automatic alignment, a built-in ultrasonic system for sample dispersion, and a powerful pumping system, combined with the automation features of the software, sample analysis on the LA-350 is extremely easy and straightforward. Sample analysis can be a one-button operation.
Benefits of LA-350: Particle Size Analyzer:
- Flexible Operation: Readily adapt to changing measurement needs with a wider size range and flexible software.
- Simple Operation: One button operation is possible by using the methods and sequence options built into the software.
- Fast Analysis: Get answers now with quick measurement and analysis.
|Measurement Principle||Laser diffraction and Mie light scattering theory|
|Size Measurement Range||0.1-1,000 μm|
|Analysis Time||Typical measurement takes about 10 seconds from “Measure” to “display the result”.|
|Analysis Materials||Powders, slurries, emulsions etc.|
|Measurement Output||Particle size and size distribution, size related theoretical calculated values|
|Measurement Method||Wet method: Liquid dispersed particles with flow sampling system|
|Required Sample Amount||10 mg-5 g (depending on the sample size, distribution and materials)|
|Wet Flow System Liquid Volume||Approximately 130-230 mL|
|Organic Solvent Compatibility||Available in solvent resistant flow sampling version or fraction cell system (optional)|
|Measurement Performance Guarantee||HORIBA selected NIST traceable standard materials|
|Interface||USB data communication with PC|
|Data Processing/Results Display||Desktop or laptop PC/LCD; Printer|
|Operating Conditions||15° to 35° C
85% RH or less (non-condensing)
|Power||AC100/120/230V, 50/60Hz, 150VA|
|Dimensions||W 297mm x D 420mm x H 376mm (excluding PC)|
|Mass||Approximately 23 kg|
|Optics||Light source: Laser diode 5mW, λ=650nm
Analyzer Classification: Class 1A laser product
Detectors: 64 ring detectors x 1, Silicon photo detectors x 6
|Wet Sampling System||Ultrasonic: Ultrasonic probe inside of the flow system, 7 steps power adjustment
Circulation pumping system: Centrifugal pump, 15 steps of speed control
Drain: Solenoid valve
Flow cell material: Borosilicate glass
Contact Us for more details.