nanoPartica SZ-100V2 – Nanoparticle Analyzer, solves the mysteries of the nano-world. A single device analyzes the three parameters that characterize nanoparticles: particle size, zeta potential, and molecular weight.
Nanotechnology research and development is a continuously evolving effort to control substances at the atomic and molecular level in order to achieve new and better materials and products. The miniaturization of components – that is, control at the nano-level – is necessary to achieve faster, higher-performance devices and functions and to reduce energy consumption. Nanotechnology has come to play a key role in wide-ranging fields that affect our daily lives, including food, cosmetics, and the life sciences.
Clear and simple multi-parameter analysis of nanoparticles!
Three analyzers in a single compact body deliver high-sensitivity, high-accuracy analysis of each measurement parameter.
Features of nanoPartica SZ-100V2 – Nanoparticle Analyzer:
- Particle Size Measurement Range 0.3 nm to 10 µm
The SZ-100V2 Series measures particle size and particle distribution width by dynamic light scattering (DLS).
Analysis across a wide range of sample concentrations: Measurement of samples ranging from low ppm-order concentrations to high-concentration samples in double-digit percentages is possible. Accepts commercially available sampling cells. Analysis of small-volume samples is also possible.
- Zeta Potential Measurement – 500 to + 500 mV
Analysis of sample volumes as small as 100 μL using HORIBA-developed microelectrophoresis cells. Use the value of zeta potential to predict and control dispersion stability. High zeta potential magnitudes indicate a stable dispersion, useful for formulation work.
- Molecular weight 1 × 103 to 2 × 107 Da
Absolute molecular weight (Mw) and the second virial coefficient (A2) are obtained by performing static light scattering measurement as a function of sample concentration and preparing Debye plots.
- The SZ-100V2 Series applies sophisticated intelligence and learning capability to rapidly determine nanoparticle properties!
- Since the SZ-100V2 Series analyzer covers a wide sample concentration measurement range, sample dilution and other preprocessing is nearly eliminated.
- The use of a dual optical system enables measurement of high-concentration samples such as slurry and ink pigments as well as low-concentration proteins and polymers.
- A single device analyzes the three parameters that characterize nanoparticles: particle size, zeta potential, and molecular weight.
- HORIBA-developed cells for zeta potential measurement prevent sample contamination. Simple analysis by means of ultra micro-volume dedicated cells (volume as low as 100 μL). Suitable for analysis of dilute samples.
- HORIBA-developed electrode for zeta potential cell made from carbon material, the material is not corroded by high salt samples such as saline.
Specifications of SZ-100V2 – Nanoparticle Analyzer:
|Model||SZ-100-S2 (particle size and molecular weight measurement only)|
|Measurement principles||Particle size measurement: Dynamic Light Scattering
Molecular weight measurement: Debye plot method (static scattered light intensity)
|Measurement range||Particle size: 0.3 nm to 10 μm
Molecular weight: 1000 to 2 x 107 Da (Debye plot)
540 to 2 x 107 Da (MHS Equation)*1
|Maximum sample concentration||40 wt%*2|
|Particle size measurement accuracy||Measurement accuracy of ±2% for NIST traceable polystyrene latex
100 nm spheres (not including variation in the standard particles themselves)
|Measurement angles||90° and 173° (automatic or manual selection)|
|Measurement time||Approx. 2 min. under ordinary conditions
(from the start of measurement to the display of results for particle size measurement)
|Required sample volume||Minimum volume of 12 μL*3 to 1000 μL (differs depending on cell material)|
|Usable liquids||Water, ethanol, organic solvents|
*1: Mark-Howink-Sakurada Equation, depending on sample.
*2: Depending on sample.
*3: F Micro-cell.
|Model||SZ-100-Z2 (with zeta potential measurement unit)|
|Measurement principle||Zeta potential measurement: Laser Doppler electrophoresis|
|Measurement range||-500 to +500 mV|
|Size range suitable for measurement||Minimum 2.0 nm, Maximum 100 μm*4|
|Measurement conductivity range||0 to 20 S/m*5|
|Maximum sample concentration||40 wt%*6|
|Cells||Dedicated cell with electrodes|
|Measurement time||Approx. 2 min. under ordinary conditions|
|Required sample volume||100 μL|